Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jerry Moody doesn't exist

hello friends

i am back from louisiana....had a great visit and had a blast. saw bryan lafleur's accordions and they rock, he also rocks on the accordion. good to see all the other braves at the mamou festival....david b....and of course i'm forgetting the others...too busy dancing......
but don't believe jerry moody. he doesn't exist. he really IS jesse lege.

roger

Re: Jerry Moody doesn't exist

Everyone else seems to agree with you.

And I sure got to say, we enjoyed the visit and music. Cleoma's ghost plays some great heartfelt Cajun music. Roger plays some awesome fiddle (without a northern accent even).

I fully agree Bryan, Buffy and Roger (Cleoma's Ghost) are great players, and singers. I officially pronounce them "New York Cajuns." I really enjoyed their visit.

Dowell

Funny how you never see Jerry & Jesse at the same time...hmmm. I goofed-up years ago about this (flat out thought Jerry WAS Jesse...and this was after knowing Jerry for at least a couple of years). Jerry and I still get a laugh out of that one.

My favorite quote from Jerry - "If it can't be built, I don't want to have nothin' to do with it."

Rob

Roger doesn't exist

I tried to call you on Friday evening to see if you would be in town. Henry Hample was playing guitar with me that night. I got a call from Tally on saturday saying that you had come on Thursday. Sorry we weren't able to play a few songs.

Re: Roger doesn't exist

Yes, Ganey I am sorry we didn't get a chance to play together. We ended up staying up in Eunice after visiting with sybil and tally and phone service was quite shoddy. i got your voice-mail on saturday and figured it was too late. sad!

roger

Who is Jesse Lege ?

He's that guy that looks like Jerry Moody! Poor devil . . .

Hey Jamey, he can't be a devil, a Moody one or or not, unless he plays the fiddle. I wonder now when himself enlightens us, like what's the L standing for? Legetimized, Ludic, Luna, Liquid or LOL? Piquant seems to be according to a dictionary 1. spicy. 2. intriguing. 3. sharp, clever. - fiddler2007

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!