Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Texas accordionists

You can purchase Jude Moreau's CD from cdbaby.com (and he also makes great accordions).

You can purchase Cory McCauley's CD from floydsrecordshop.com

Jude is a Texan.
He is from the West Bank of the Sabine River.
Likewise with Charles Thibodeaux, who just won the CFMA Best First Album Award.
Cory got here as fast as he could.

JB

and like jude i was born and raised there

Sorry,

didn't mean to leave you out, Aaron.

Are you still playing some with Ed Gary?

JB

After Ed Gary dumped Aldes Broussard I have only seen Brett Denice play accordion with Ed. He is the one that played with him the last two years in Hermann Mo and also at the CFMA in New Iberia. Brett is young and brings a lot of extra energy to the band which they truly need.

JB I'm not playing with ed no more after the drummer cliff newman died it just wasnt worth it anymore i guess. Now if have my own band the bayou heat cajun band I did play with them in herman one year and it was awesome i'd like to go back one day with my band if i could hopefully.

Aaron my wife and I belong to the cajun dance troupe that goes to Hermann each year to perform. Do you have a promotional tape of your band and its music?? I could pass it along to the right people to consider your band.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!