Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: diggy liggy lo

Diggy Liggy Lo was written and originslly recorded by Terry Clement. Somehow, the rights (if that is the correct word) were transferred to J.D. Miller and any mention of Terry Clement seemed to disappear.

If you want to know how to get Terry Clement's original version - played on the accordion - contact me and I will tell you.

Jack Bond

It's on Neal's site, link #2. Sounds like he's using a D accordion.

Brian, here's the basic tabs if that helps.

3 3' 4 4 4' 4' 4
3 3' 4 4 4' 4 3'
2 2' 3' 3' 4 4 3'
2 2' 3' 4'4' 4 3' 3

It is on the Savoy-Doucet Cajun Band CD - "Two-Step d'Amede."

Eddie LeJeune has an excellent version but its played on a D.

Yeah I am basically trying to learn this because I am taking a trip with Grant Clement of the Clement brothers and I know he likes to play this at different places in Branson. C or D would work because i have both

I have the sheet music to Diggy Liggy Lo. Can't remember where I found it, but learned the song from it. One of my favorites. I'll try to find the source or I can send you a scan of the one I have if you want. Hal

Hey Brain,
Which version are you going to learn? I play Diggy Liggy Lo, but I learned that there are different version, one sung in the Cajun French and one sung like the Doug Kershaw version, I play the Cajun French version. The Savoy version is in D, sung by Mrs Savoy, and there is another one sung by the guy who sang for Creedence Clear Water, that is in D also, which I believe Mr Savoy plays accordion on it also. It is not a hard tune to learn, if I can learn it anybody can, the B part I had to work at. Will you be traveling through Arkansas to get to Branson? it is only 3 hours from my house, if you can, stop by for a break if you have the time, I am home in the afternoon after 2pm and off on Sundays and Mondays. Good luck with the song.
MarkS

i've my version on a c accordion on you tube search for diggy diggy li or go on link #3
i've you need tabs or a better video with the treble side tell me

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!