Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Oh BTW....

Yeah..thought he would appreciate it..your welcome.

Darryl.

Re: ?? .. ?? 200 hundred gigs Peer

Wow,that's a lot Peer.What types of music do you play,and what instruments.I may do 20 or 30 a year,but I'm not making a living at it.Do you play a lot of Cajun gigs

Hi Patrick, hi Ganey

Hi Patrick, no, I love Cajun music, but it's not something you can make a living with over here in Holland. (unfortunately - anyway, I'm still not good enough at it - still learning)
The instrument I use for gigs is a tiny piano accordion (a Hohner Student or Concerto I) , and I play and sing anything from Dutch sailor's songs & singalongs to French chansons, Irish ballads, Mediterranean repertoir, swing, evergreens and sometimes even some cajun or blues... anything actually. check out website # 1.
Last year I didn't play that many gigs, maybe 150 or so, (hard times and old age) but over the years I did. (in the nineties way over 200 a year) Nothing romantic about it: no big stages and all that, just small parties, school concerts,(website #3), boattrips, etc. Most of it nowadays on my own, and without PA. A lovely way to make music.
Hi Ganey: Maybe I seemed to take it personally, but I speak also for Darryl.
I still think this is a very interesting subject, if only for all the different opinions on this matter. In fact I'm quite an introverted person and musician, and I really had to learn to do more than just produce sound. When I concentrate, I don't look nice at all!! If I were a musical genius, that wouldn't be a problem, but I'm not. So I smile a bit more than I used to when I play for the people, and they smile back to me.

website

mistake: Website #1 should be website #2
(this is the shorter english version)

Re: ?? .. ?? 200 hundred gigs Peer

It's a pleasure to look and listen to a gig from Peer and his buddies. I saw him a several times before I know that he's also doing something with Cajun Music.
The first time he was playing on a family party and he was playing ols Dutch songs from 70 years ago. I know all that somgs from my youth, but the older people really enjoyed it. But they also do some country songs, Irish songs aand much more. If somebody had a request, they play it. Allways a good time !

:o)

Bedankt voor het compliment, Ron.
website link #3: Kees Ouwejan & Makkers.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!