Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: what to buy?

Perhaps it was the Martin is the best accordian EVAR t-shirt you were wearing.

JK

Thanks for doing that by the way

Re: what to buy? le Capitaine

I own a C tuned Le Capitaine made by Danny Dyson of Big Lake (Lake Charles) and JB in San Antonio has a D box as well. They are very nice accordions and will last you your lifetime. Danny is a great guy and very helpful to anyone who owns one of his boxes even if you are not the original owner. He taught himself to build and is close to Larry Miller.

Re: what to buy? le Capitaine

I just took a look at the one on Ebay and it looks great. Unusual to have the bellows divider. By the way, Danny has stopped building for the moment. Last I talked to him in October, he was planning on starting again...just was no longer taking orders. I think his Native American flutes are occupying his shop time. see link #2 above

Re: what to buy?

Leland Colligan (337-255-4024) who makes "Acadiana" accordions (the kind played by Jimmy Breaux w/ BeauSoleil) has a newly C for sale right now. I think he is selling it for $1,800.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!