Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Canadian

Here's an Accordéon Mélodie by Raynald Ouellet from Québec featured on Science Channel's "How It's Made"

Video of Marcel Messervier from also from Québec:

Video of Marcel Messervier and Raynald Ouellet playing together:

Both make accordions.

Contact info:
Sylvain Vina and Raynald Ouellet
Accordions Melodie,
301, boulevard Taché Est
Montmagny (Québec) CANADA G5V 1C5

Téléphone ( 418 ) 248-7927
Télécopieur ( 418 ) 248-1596
or Tel and fax ( 418 ) 248-9503.

Marcel Messervier
Montmagny
Québec, G5V 4H2
Canada
Tél ( 418 ) 248-1275
Téléc ( 418 ) 248-1275
messervier@globetrotter.net
http://www.messerviermusique.com/index.html

Ted- I totally forgot you had one of those. I think Toby is building an accordion, and is trying to check out every angle he can.

Yeah man, the Melodie boxes are really nice. I enjoyed the video very much. I like the concepts and lack of hardware (metal corners etc.) keyboard looks clean without excessive piecing together. Thanks

Check out this Frenchman: Gilles Poutoux!
Besides that he is one of the best on this continent, I think he has a Melodie as well, and he knows how to handle it!! No Cajun, but mainly Irish and Quebecois.

hehe, I had been doing the same thing Toby. Not just Candadian, but I've spent hours looking at accordions from all over looking for inspiration for something different. Unfortunately, not a whole lot of pics available.

I was surprised to see the same metal corners on the Bouchard as on most Cajun accordions. I'm especially intrigued by the extra buttons. It'd sure be nice to add a couple extra notes.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!