Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Beginner version

Here's my beginner's version of Johhny Can't Dance on my C accordion built by Jude Moreau.

Re: Beginner version

Good job Bruce! And a VERY nice sounding box! Thanks, Jamey

Grampa's Version

Hey Jamey, I can't play JCD too well, but I just remembered my Grampa used to play it long ago.
I dug into my archive and found some old footage of him playing the tune. See Website #2.

Re: Grampa's Version

That was great! It was almost as if I was transported back to that time. And I must say, you're looking more like your Grandpa everyday; in fact, the resemblance is uncanny . . .

My version

Re: My version

Excellent! Way to go Wilfred!

Thanks

Thanks for the words of encouragement - both here and on the youtube site. I hope you other beginners will keep at it and remember the three p's: patience, practice and persistence. And thanks to Jamey for the the good project - I got a lot out of it.

Ha Wilfred! Long time no see! Nice one. Nice T shirt too.

Thanks Peer, or should I call you grampa now?

Actually, I AM a real grampa!! I have a granddaughter of 3 years!

Grampa

check website #3.

Re: Grampa

Hi Peer,
It's private ?

Yup, you must have hit the privacy button, Peer. Makes me wonder what Grampa's doin' . . .

Sorry Guys!

I wanted to share this with you, but not with the rest of the world. Didn't know how that private thing worked. I thought you would get access.
But now you can see my slightly OT grandchild Lily!

Grampa's getting really old. This time he forgot to save the settings after changing from "private "to "public".
Hope you don't blame him. I'll keep an eye on him from now on.
If you're still interested: it should work now!!

Re: Beginner version

Bruce very nice work you held up the biginers version very nicely

Re: Recent version from Brent Sarvaunt

My friend Brent, a fireman and accordionist from Lake Charles, graciously allowed me to post his version. Enjoy!

Re: rhythm track

Thank you Patrick

Re: Bravenet project - Johnny Can't Dance

All you stragglers make sure and get your "Johnny Can't Dance" video in this next week, before we move on to something new!

Many thanks to those who have already posted. I'm getting lots of feedback on how much it has helped people.

That was a great project Jamey, and a length of the thread that's already legendary.
Wonder what'll be up next.
By the way: Grampa got it finally fixed; see above.

Where is it, Peer? BTW, Your grandchild is a beauty and a cutie!

Yes, Grampa changed the setting from private to public, so the whole world can take a glimpse of his greatgranddaughter! (or is it great-great-granddaughter??)

Where it is? what do you mean?

I forgot! This is from my friend Greg Schucany in Dallas. I think he did a dang fine job!

Ooops! It must be a private video; I've heard people can't open it. I'll try again later. Sorry.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!