Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Braves: please, please, PLEASE keep your messages "nice"

OK, here's what's happening.

I am getting complaints from Braves about the content
that some other Braves are posting.

This is a tough one. Some offensive messages are
from good contributors .. some I personally have met.

But, braves, we have to be considerate of all.

It really leaves me little choice but bring this to
light & then eventually start blocking IP's.

I don't want to do that! You guys are intelligent
and know what I'm talking about .. OK?

Let’s express ourselves through our music

--Big

Re: Braves: please, please, PLEASE keep your messages "nice"

I'm with you Big Nick - no more nasty! 'Course, I don't envy you the job of figuring out where to draw the line . . . but it's gotta be drawn somewhere, for the good of all.

How about the old standard our Momma's taught us: if you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all! Although my cousin's reply to that was "Well, she don't sweat much for a fat girl . . ."

I guess there's a way around everything if you're looking for it.

PS: Same with the AVATARS - keep 'em clean .. please

Re: PS: Same with the AVATARS - keep 'em clean .. please

well, I dont know, but i think Randy4you is sometimes funny , and Lè piquant is sometimes strict, but why do you hate each other. That is no point. I dont know about Randy`s skill of accordions, but I know of Jerry`s and thats good.
Be friends, thats better, and Randy4you, behave.

the kind norwegian

tor

I can't hate someone I don't know but, I can sure as heck despise them. For me, it's about being a stand up man. Stealing is as low a human trait is it comes so that is my point when it comes to you know who. Then bragging about it reduces the speciman down the toilet that much further. I like how you charactorize me Tor, as being strick. I perfer to think of my self as a person that works hard at being consistant in my life. You can't be honest with yourself if your past time is cheating others.
Jerry L. Moody
Le Piquant

Sometimes funny I am always funny. And yes I can play the accordion not as well as the strict guy but well enough. As for our love hate relationship he doesnt like the fact that I will borrow a friends cd and copy it or go to the library check out some cd's and copy them. He calls that stealing I call it building a collection. Thats how this thing got started he likes to get the last word in so I am sure he will respond once again. I dont think big nick was refering to us when he started this thread though but I may be wrong.

Randy

I still think that you most of the time is funny, and I`m happy to hear that you can play the accordion.

I am not a Hippie from the -70-thies, but I like peace around the world.

Anyway I have project going on, making a 5 x 1 hour show for my local radiostation, introducing CAJUN MUSIC to the poor southern part of my country.

Maybe you can help with the music and some funny stories.

yours sincerly

tor

randy

And by the way, I `ve got 10,1 GB cajun music on my computer, and i didn`t buy it all.

But I order the 5 CD of Helen Boudreaux, who I think is a great artist

tor

Tor I think secretly our friend has copied some as well but thats another story. My wife and I belong the the Cajun French Music Assoc and Helen Boudreaux was at one of our meetings about 3 months ago I got to dance with her. She also sang a few songs with the band she is great. She is a large permoter of young cajun kids coming up in the music business. Very nice lady.

Randy

I guess so to, secretly, I am glad that you have met with the beautiful voice of HELEN`S

TOR

Great call , Nick....TOTALLY agree.

If it isn't about accordions and directly related music 'stuff' , then we should take all other grievances and issues outside of the forum.

If you're upset or peeved about somethin'...write a letter, send a lawyer...BUT..stay away from this forum.

Show some respect to Big Nick for all of his efforts, time and contributions to our music...

And yes..Nick...block the offenders ..ruthlessly !!

My 2 cents worth.

Yeah, the quality and tone of dialogues has definitely gone down here since I joined 5-8 years ago. It's been a while since I haven't been here daily, but it seems that only one or two individuals have been **** disturbing this blog (if the hat fits, wear it!). I totally agree with Big Nick. Show some restraint boys. There are other sites to release your frustration or to be a smart ass if that's what you need. I wonder why the content seems to have become a little less interesting... maybe it's because we've said it all!

Thanks Nick. I've been away from here for a while, and when I read it now, I really don't want to be here. There's been BS in the past, of which I've been a part in some cases, but seems the current BS has weighed the list down so much that there's not much other useful activity going on.

Lets do it for the children.

I say WWDD? What Wood Doug Do? He would be nice and play for some kids. Thanks.

Unlike and accordion builder we all know

randy4u
Unlike and accordion builder we all know

You know, if you would just quit bashing other builders and stop acting like the ultimate authority on accordion quality you would not be such an outcast around here and this board would be much more pleasant. But you just can help yourself can you?

Randy is the "enfant terrible" of the Forum. Every family has one!
The more angry you get, the more fun he has. That's what it's all about for him.
First it was Christian (?) with his mitered corners, and now it's Jerry. Tomorrow it may be you.
I don't mind it too much, but some others do. So I think it's just a matter of drawing a line by our friend BN.

Sorry Peer, I have never had the pleasure of quarelling with anyone on this board yet. Looking forward to it though.
(Il faur rendre à César/Claudius...)

Christian

Je vous demande Pardon !!
I don't remember who it was.
But, who it was will remember...

Peer I think the mitered corners was Claude And dont forget do all your serious playing on a MARTIN!!!!

Haha!! Right!! I just remembered it was something with a "C".
I DO a lot of serious playing on a MARTIN!
Check Website #3.
It's a MARTIN gittar!!

Hey, Paul...Why are you misspelling your last name?

cb

I saw that too and I don't know what happend or how to change it back.

Nice with a bite!

Express through our music?
A great idea!

I remember when Cheryl Cormier came through town and was to perform at a local venue. She believed that she was not getting a fair shake from the local promoter that she felt promised one thing and delivered another.

So she wrote a song about the promoter that afternoon and performed it on stage that night. Only a handful of folks knew what the song was about (in Cajun French)

But we were all laughing and rolling on the floor at the dance. !

Re: Nice with a bite!

Actually, Dana, I wrote that song, and she translated it into Cajun French.

Re: Nice with a bite!

Dwight, je regrette
Credit where credit is due!

It was fun to see.
After that afternoon jam in Berkeley, I did not actually think that she would perform it that night!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!