Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Calcasieu Waltz

Yes - his Cajun Roots CD - He's one of my favorites, too.

Danny Poullard has a version on the Nonc Adam Two Step cd. Kevin Nacquin also has one.

Without hearing it, I would venture to say that Jo-El is probably most representative of Iry's version.

It is. His versions of Iry's songs are usually pretty exacting.

La Valse A Brunette is Amede's song that is the same tune. I like the fact it has a turn.

Roddie Romero does a quick version in this video.

I like Iry's version very very much.Yes, I have both of the Iry cds and the one with the yellow cover is the best version. The Bass guitar is on that one that was released on the Swallow reissue. Wayne's version was a great one. He really digs in and gets the words down on his version. I like Nathan's on that Basile Dance. Nathan sings it great. I still like Belton's version. Michael

The Grand Mamou Orchestra also did a very beautiful version on the 33rpm "The Cajuns, vol.2" (Sonet)!
Yves

TCadien
Looking for a better quality recording of Calcasieu Waltz. The one I have is Iry LeJeune. Don't get me wrong Iry is one of my top ten, but the recording I have is terrible. an artist name or Youtube clip would be helpful

Iry LeJeune's son Eddie LeJeune has an excellent version of the song on his album "Cajun Soul" but its labeled "Cher Ti' Monde". Its the same song as Calcasieu Waltz but the lyrics are a little different (which is very common in cajun music).

Yes, indeed!
Also Ambrose Thibodeaux' Elton Waltz sounds the same as Calcasieu Waltz...
Yves

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!