Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Balfa Camp video

Great stuff guys....inspirational.

A pleasure to see the three of you work working your way thru the organisational aspect of the song with dual accordions ...and handling it all so well.

Did you learn that song at camp or did you have a head start with the song before you got there?...just wondering about the process as I was planning to attend a Balfa Camp one day..

....I suspect you all had a ' handle ' on the song before camp and just used camp to fine tune it all with embellishments and improvisation...is that the case?
Darryl, Australia.

Hey Pat thanks for the video great job by all three of you and especially the dual accordions. They sounded very nice.

Hey everyone,Thanks for the nice comments.We both knew the tune before Balfa Camp,but definitely were inspired by the Camp.I love playing two accordions with a accordion player like Jamey.Not only can he sing very good,but all the girls want to dance with the S.O.B.Me, CB, and some of the guys are going to take him out in the Swamp next year
P.S.Randy,I thought you would bring your new accordion out,so we could play it.Got any pics are video

I wish I was there

tor

Patrick

I would love to hear you sing. I will think that you have the rough, tidy, scary , awesome and maybe highpitched voice, that goes with the pure cajun music.
You should hear me sing on a late saturday evening.

tor

Patrick since you asked yes I posted a youtube video of my new accordion. Playing the High Point two step

Patrick

I did not hear you sing, but the accordion was ok
But I have seen you at you tube .and you are marvelous
on fiddle and accordin

tor

Jamey

I know this Love bridge waltz it is hard to play and even worse to sing.

AS I said I am impressed. Thanks to you and Patrick and Cindy on the guitar

tor

Thanks again tor,come to Balfa next year.Hey Randy,beautiful accordion,and your playing is coming along nice.The wood looks great,I'd like to see it in person and play it

Patrick next time your in the hood let me know, wife and I will have ya over for din din and you can play the hell out of it. I always like to see good players use it so that I know it really is what it was meant to be a great box I let Bubba Hebert play it last weekend and it sounded good coming from one who can play it better than me.

Thanks Tor. Check out the version by Chris Miller on YouTube. He's a great teacher!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!