Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival 2009

I know the 2010 Festival is the most recent, BUT, I've just spent an enjoyable couple of hours on Youtube playing selected clips from the 2009 Festival..

...can I recommend you Braves do the same. It's a Festival I've been to and all of these Youtubes bring fond memories flooding back.

.. highlights for me are the Pine Leaf Boys and the Zydeco dancin'..really presses my buttons.

I know there are MANY opportunities in Louisiana for exposure to the music, the folks, the dance, the food etc...but this Youtube aspect makes it easy....and inspiring.

It's always of interest to me that the Cajun music is strong, confident and at ya....over here in Australia I'm afraid we have way too many folks embedded in the lame Folky genre...guess it's our English Celtic roots plus no exposure at all really to Cajun/Louisiana music...unfortunately.

If I see or hear another Celtic dulcimer , guitar, Morris Dancin' group , I'll spit it !!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!