Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Easy song in F?

Looking to start learning some F songs for my C box.

I'm starting with KLFY Waltz, as Mardi Gras Jig seems like it would give me RSI.

Is there something else I should be starting with?

I notice "Mon Coeur Fait Mal" is listed as an F tune. However, there seems to be two songs with that name. One is a 2-step done by Pine Leaf Boys, and the other is a waltz done by either Savoy Doucet, or Magnolia Sisters.

Which one of those is the one in F?

Re: Easy song in F?

I think the Back o' Town two-step is an F song, and the b part is in G.

I don't think Back of Town is really in F. Its kinda like acadian two step ..it starts on a 7 chord. The F chord. The chord progression is F C G on the A and G D on the B. Your not really playing in the F position.

A good waltz in F is the Valse de Tout l'Monde.

Who does that one? I don't have that in my collection? Valse de Tout l'Monde?

La Valse De Tout l'monde is in F, by PeeWee Broussard. The easiest song I've tried in F is Petite Ou La Grosse, also called Donnez Moi Les. Marc Savoy and Joe Bonsall both have recordings of it. They play it in F, switch to G, then back to F. But it's easy to play it in F.

Thanks Bryan. Petit et la Grosse is pretty much the same tune as Flamme d'enfer, isn't it? Except maybe for the key change.

It is very close the Flammes D'en Fer, and I wonder if it has the same origination, but the way they are generally played they are a little different.

I will go under the gun and post my recording of Petit et la Grosse I just learned it, Drew Simon of the PLB showed me how to play it.

Hey, Dwight....When you find an "easy" song on the diatonic accordion....send it on over to me! I have been looking for one for 2 years now!
cb

why you wanna make me cry?

john delafose
keith frank
leo thomas
leroy thomas
preston frank
beau jocque
bunch of people

it starts in f then alternates to the c chord

so it;s either in f or c, kind of hard to say really

wle

What about 'Tit Oiseau? Is that difficult?

I don't have a copy of 'Tit Oiseau in my library.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!