Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Only one state in America that has music

Ha ha! Best BBQ? I'm not picky. I even liked the barbecued thick-cut baloney they featured for the Mississippi year, besides the predictable fried catfish! Usually, though, the food is pretty bad at that festival. When they featured Texas last year, they should have had some good chili and Tex-Mex, and some Cajun, but it was actually one of the worst food years in memory. I go for the music and arts, not the food.

I had a good chat there with Eddie Lejeune in 1988 I believe. Its just a short shot down the red line for me.
Gots me a Boston Butt for the smoker, beer for the cooler, and my box. I will zip downtown this weekend and pay tribute to my fallen comrades at the wall.

If yall wont to just make fun of me then its okay. I was trying my best to be proud of Cajuns music and say how special it is when you look at the rest of all the states. I'm not big into Indian music or motown. I've only learned more about Cajun music since I fell on to this massage board a while back. Use to be I only heard of Doug Kershaw and Buck Wheat. So laugh if it makes you feel good but I now know the diffrence between Cajuns and Creoles thanks to this board. Far as the native comment goes may be I meant to say homegrown and not native excuse me there. I been in lockdown to long and mist out on a lot of life. Don't mean to make any one mad just want to say I'm proud of Cajun music for being unique.

sure it;s good stuff and some of it was invented locally but neither the people nor all the music i

as far as 'native' goes, all music borrows from something

cajun from
french
country
rock and roll

zydeco from
french
cajun
r&b
blues
rap
rock and roll

nothing is really native

and the cajuns aren;t either

or the creoles
though they are perhaps more likely to have 'native american' ancestry

anyway

can of worms

sure it;s good stuff and some of it was invented locally but neither the people nor all the music is really 'native'

wle

Re: sure it;s good stuff and some of it was invented locally but neither the people nor all the musi

Its all good, 'cept maybe rap!

My apologies if I offended anyone. Not my intention, to say the least.

Re: sure it;s good stuff and some of it was invented locally but neither the people nor all the musi

I ain't offended. I know I ain't too smart but I can't tell the differece between fifi pancho and the ossun two step. Sounds like the same song to me.

craig
Its all good, 'cept maybe rap!

My apologies if I offended anyone. Not my intention, to say the least.

Whats wrong with Rap

I can't stand that stupid and misuse of a great Cajun song.
Le Piquant

where'd THAT come from? wle

where'd THAT come from?

wle

Not much you can stand is there you old f a r -

little poem

C'mon Randy,
You'll have to admit
That this so-called "rapping"
Is nothing but sh** !!

Re: little poem

A very good show yesterday in Rockville MD. Bruce Daigrepont opened and I had a nice chat with him before the show. The real crowd pleaser was Tab Benoit. He put on a great performance and was very interactive with the crowd. I was a bit surprised at how many people could dance the Cajun waltzes and two steps when Bruce was up. Usually people around here sit and listen only.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!