Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How to Identify Button Box's key?

Beats me why the manufacturers can't stamp, emboss or fix a plate to , say, the bottom, of the accordion with the "ex-factory" key..

It may also help a potential buyer to identify if an accordion has been retro-fitted with different keyed reeds ( perhaps dare I say inferior quality reeds ? )...ie. it plays like a Bb but it says it's a eg. Martin C ....

It may even be helpul if the embossing identified that it was a say, C box with eg. 5 c Wet tuning ex-factory.

ALL of the harmonica manufacturers have no problem with embossing their diatonic harps..why not discreet stamping/embossing on the accordions. ?

It's probably even better to force makers to use a CMA approved color scheme for accordions for each different key .... Like Cyan for C, Brown for B etc. Come to think of it, i'd love a totally Chrome plated Acadian for my C ..... Or a bar-code plus a free bar code reader? Two bleeps i C, three is D etc, so the blind will be less left in the dark .....
PS a converted accordion should be banned & branded with this sign across the bellows:

PS, maybe on the top i there's a nice crayfish present at the front ...

-N

His box is probly a B# or a C#b and not a C.

I usually would use an electronic guitar tuner and push in the third button and find the key quickly.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!