Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: stylistic differences?

Ed Poullard told me he learned from his father, who was influenced by Ambrose Thibodeaux, among others. Don't know if that helps! On the Les Amis Creoles cd Ed does Long Point Two Step, which was on Ambrose Thibodeaux's yellow album.

I don't know who else Uncle Ambrose influenced directly. He played on TV on the Passe Partout show on Channel 10 KLFY, so he was known all over the place and probably influenced a bunch of people, if not for style then for repertoire.

Any way to get a copy of "Les Amis Creoles?" Out of print as far as I know.

Don't know the "yellow album, but have the black & white album, I think self-titled.

Les Amis Creoles doesn't appear to be out of print.

http://www.arhoolie.com/cajun-and-zydeco/les-amis-creole-les-amis-creole.html

Sound like you have Ambrose Thibodeaux's first album, Authentic French Acadian Music, ~1963. The yellow album is his second one, More Authentic Acadian French Music, LL-119, ~late 1960s. The La Louisianne Records Web site still sells these lps.

You're right. For some reason I was thinking of the recording with the Poullards, and Garnier.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!