Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anyone going to Saulieu this August ?

I should be there too.

Fine boyz, i'll send you my address just in case you can slip away from the missus, and may want to drop by. I'll bring a crate of nice soul-saving German Weissenbier for good old-times sake. - Nout

I said "beer ", not "girl". I would not be alone this week end......

Marc.

If I can , I'm coming too.
Hope to see you all there.

We'll be there, Glenn, all being well. I've booked the ferry and the campsite.

You know we use Saulieu as a 'jump-off' point to discover a new bit of France every year? This year it's Brittany, and by lucky coincidence, it coincides with Lorient international Celtic music festival.

Looking forward to seeing you and Adele again. And any others who tag along with you.

BJ

This year, after Saulieu, Feufollet will be at Lorient.

Marc.

Marc, bring all the girls you like, on Feu or not on feu; all the Folie- or F-branded ladies will only enhance the lot .......

The more gals the merrier eh? PS also bring this banjo player fellah with the ten gallon hat too; he must be a Cajun unknowingly, & we'll do Old Joe Clark, which goes quite well on a Cajun D-accordion ... Nout

Re: Anyone going to Saulieu this August ? - Rednezvous Country

I wish we were going to Saulieu!

My band, the Doc Marshalls, will be in France this summer at the Country Rendezvous Festival near Lyon on Sunday, July 25 (it's small town called, Craponne Sur Arzon).

We'll be the only band there playing Cajun music -- the event is apparently one of Europe's largest country music festivals -- but there's a great lineup (see link #2). Then it's off to Belgium and Holland (July 26 - August 9). If anyone's around, stop by and say hi!

It's our first trip to Europe so we expect it'll be a blast...

Who's playing in Saulieu this year?

Best,

Nick Beaudoing

Hi Nick,

Can you give me the dates when and were you play in Europe, so I can put the dates on an agenda for Cajun and Zydeco music.
If I can, I'm coming to see you play.
For the schedule from Saulieu look at the site of the festival (Link#2)

Ron

Doc Marshalls

I`ll come and say hi

Re: Doc Marshalls

They play in Brielle.
Look at myspace from Doc Marshalls

Saulieu Showtime

Just in case: make sure you're there at the right time. If you miss the proper dates all them fun places look quite desolate and boring without the Cajun and Zydeco crowd. Below a view of Saulieu without the general fun. No sessions nor beer- and food-suppliers and their outlets, no dance-parties and stages with bands. Not even the periodic pig or horse market enlightens the town in this video:

PS the good thing is you can park everywhere ...
- Nout

Re: Saulieu Showtime

Too quiet a place for you, eh Nout? Not a problem today. Let me show you where the action is all the year round so you can plan a trip after Saulieu (videos at link 1).

Christian

I wish I could have caught one of your gigs, Nick.
Maybe the French gig will lead to a Saulieu booking?
Let's hope.

BJ

Augusta

My dad and I will be there Wed-Fri, it's confirmed. Just gotta find hotel close by

Re: Anyone going to Saulieu this August ? - Rendezvous Country Fest

Hi Guys,

By all means, if any member of the Brave community is around in Europe, feel free to come up and say "hi"

The schedule at www.docmarshalls.com is the most up to date. Our booker keeps changing things around (for Belgium & Holland) and I have yet to update the Myspace site. They have a new system for inputting gigs which is...very frustrating.

I will post the dates again before we depart. Really looking forward to playing in Europe for the first time.

Best,

Nick B

Nick,

I put the dates of your gigs on a Dutch website for Cajun and Zydeco.
Link#2 and link#3

Thanks so much! I hope to see your around out there.

Best,

Nick

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!