Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anyone heard of Evangeline Accordions??

Mr Jim,

Thanks for the information. I think I literally stole it off of ebay for a $1000. There were only 3 bidders. I dont think, like myself, anyone knew anything about Evangeline. I will have my wife send me the pics when I get them. I am currently in Iraq and not able to come home until next June. So therefore it will have to sit until then. Im glad to know that I didnt buy a dud accordion. Good to hear that it has some great history behind the name. I will keep in touch and post soon. Thanks again.

Vince

Hope maybe you can get a vid of your Evangeline. If it's outta tune, or needs a little work there's a lotta tuners in LA, as you probably already know. You might even be able to get Errol to work on it.

Best of safety to you in Iraq, Vince.

Thanks Mr Jim. Im actually from Creole, LA, south of Lake Charles. And I have alot of friends in Lafayette area that have all the connections I need to accordion life. I am doing good here in Iraq but just a tad bit too hot to have an accordion here. Its reaching well into the upper 120's to low 130's. Thanks for all the help and all the info. Ill keep in touch.

Iraq? God bless you for your service, mon ami...

R!CK

Errol also used to play with the Basin Brothers.

Thanks for your service.
Le Piquant

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the support of the troops over here. But Im not in the service anymore. I served my 6 years as a Blackhawk crewchief/doorgunner. My Army days are over. LOL. Now Im just a wrench monkey working on MedEvac Blackhawk helicopters here in Iraq as a contractor. Someone's gotta keep the birds in the air for the troops to fly so they can extract wounded soldiers. I really do appreciate the support and I will definetly pass it on to the troops I work with. I wish it wasnt so hot here so I could practice on the accordion. It only reaches about 130 here. I dont think that would be good for the old squeezebox. I do want to thank yall for the information about Evangeline Accordions. Us cajun music enthusiasts are a close knit family. Im sad to say that with the modern generation coming up, our culture is a dying breed. I am the only one in my family that even wants to keep the tradition alive. My great grandmother and grandfather played, and Im the only one that has the passion for it to carry on the tradition. I know Im rambling on but I do want to say that I drive people here in Iraq crazy when I play a little cajun and swamp pop here on the speakers. Turn it up loud and proud!!! Thanks once again guys.

God Bless,

Vince

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!