Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Enterre Moi Pas

Don't Bury Me, which I guess had Ellis Vanicor on fiddle, recorded with the Bobby Leger band, before the Balfa recording.

Thanks Neal, I knew there was an older version but I'd never heard it.

JB, this is what I hear on this version, anyone hear anything different let me know:

Tite fille quand moi j’va mourir,
Enterre moi pas dans l’cimetiere,
Enterre moi, donc, dans l’coin de la cour,
Le coin de la cour de ton papa, bebe.

Tite fille, moi j’oir pas,
Les miseres que tu m’as fait,
Tite fille tu t’en aller, t’en aller,
Pour r’join un aut’, bebe.

Little girl, when I die,
Don’t bury me in the cemetery,
Please bury me in the corner of the yard,
The corner of your dad’s yard, baby.

Little girl, I don’t see
The misery you’ve caused me,
Little girl you’ve gone away, gone away,
To meet another, baby.

Quelques petites fautes d'orthographe, mais parfait Bryan !!

Marc.

Bien merci, Marc. My writing is self taught so I can only guess it looks like an illiterates writing. And I always wrestle with spelling out the Cajun contractions or leaving them as pronounced.

One note about the song Entiere Moi Pas, is I think 73 Special is the same tune played in the second position.

Bryan Lafleur
My writing is self taught so I can only guess it looks like an illiterates writing. And I always wrestle with spelling out the Cajun contractions or leaving them as pronounced.

No, it looks fine. For song lyrics presentation it's just a matter of personal choice, for us too. No rule for us either. Choosing to show the contractions is fine because it makes people learn and memorize a new song more easily. Just an example taken at random (a "classic" French song):

http://www.greatsong.net/PAROLES-YVES-MONTAND,TROIS-PETITES-NOTES-DE-MUSIQUE,100241450.html

Christian

woops, meant Triangle Club Special is like Enterre Moi Pas.

Re: LE FRISSON DE LA VILLE PLATTE

That one got by me. Thanks John.
Le Piquant

Wrong !
It is my own Monarch (100% original, shot on the porch of my shotgun house in Grand Anse lately
Gerard

You're the lucky one.
Is playing on that Monarch much different than playing on an accordion that's build in Louisiana?

Indeed, Cher. My Monarch accordion is more like a museum piece, mint, with all its original parts, its original box, even its genuine wrapping paper.
My Sterling accordion is in Bb. You can hear it clearly on the Frisson de la Ville Platte.
It was reworked years ago, "swing tuning" was added, and it has a very nice "old-timey" sound, similar to the Sterling accordion of the late Cyprien Landreneau.
Now, when I went to rock and roll at Sun Studio lately, I used a brand new F accordion built by my ole chum Marc Savoy. It had the right sound for recording the song I had made for the occasion.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!