Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saulieu 2010

Was great seeing some fellow braves ( Ron, John BJ, Christian, and a few others ) at the CZ festival in Saulieu.

Highlights in my opinion were Bonsoir Catin... amazing execution on accordion and powerful playing and singing.. Sarah Savoy and her Francadians.. did a fantastic job at all three appearances... real crowd-pleasers.

Am ready for next year

Here is a link to some pics that our Dutch friend Henk has posted on FB and elsewhere.. Henk runs Zydeco Zity radio and online radio podcast from Holland and did extensive interviews with some of the bands.. you can hear them there.

the link to his slidshow is: http://www.vimeo.com/13997685

Enjoy

GLENN

Re: Saulieu 2010... missed it again :-(

Thanks Glenn. Too bad I couldn't make it again this year, due to that carpal tunnel thing.
Bonsoir Catin would have been one of the reasons for me to go as well. I think I will have to do with the video clips on Youtube.
They're already coming in, like the one of Sarah Savoy & Francadians on Website #2. The great thing is that the video quality gets better every year. (well.. not all of them)
Hopefully next year. As Saulieu is in Burgundy, I'm sure there is some good vin de la région too. Another reason to go!

Re: Saulieu 2010

Very great show with Bonsoir Catin, and also Feufollet and Sarah Savoy.
Tout ça c'est des bons souvenirs pour l'hiver.
Vive Saulieu 2011 !!!

Marc.

Great festival once again this year. Friends, good music and food. All the ingredients were there like every year.
Discovered Bonsoir Catin and Sarah Savoy and the Francadians on stage and really enjoyed their performances. Not only do they play their music beautifully but they radiate good mood and "joie de vivre".

Christian
(Bonjour Glenn, Adèle, John, Liz, Nout, Ron, Marc, Werner...).

Hi all,
It was very awesome in Saulieu.
Great music, wether, ambiance,......
More pics at link#2 and link#3 for vids , all made by Cajunwing.
Keep looking at Patakaisse TV on youtube, he's coming with movies.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!