Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: excalibur brand accordions

Since this is someone elses party and they posed the scenario and asked the questions, I would think it appropriate if they call Doucet personally and get some answers from the horses mouth.

I could, I haven't talked to him in about a year..

Excalibur accordions are made in China.

See second post

Made in China with Italian reeds of unkonwn origin and quality.

Frank Motley
Excalibur accordions are made in China.

I feel so ashamed.... :-(

Nothing wrong with made in China

but the way these guys advertise.. and the way they will talk to you on the phone .. unitl.. it is obvious you know something about accordeons... and... ask very pointed questions.. such as..
what is the brand and quality of the reeds..
I got three different answers untol one guy finally.. told me... well they play "good" and sound like hand made...
Me are they hand made or even dural

Him.. what's dural

These are inexpensive machine made reeds.. they may be Itailian.. they ,ay be Czech

But the obsecen retail prices, then the massive discounts lets you know this is all more smoke and mirrors

I would have to play one and open it up before I could get interested

This is kind of a Polverini act.. not sure who the builders really might be...

Mike are you still playing that china box with chinese reeds? I hope you have not quit. We are still waiting a youtube post of one of the songs I sent to you. Whats going on with it?????

randy4u
Mike are you still playing that china box with chinese reeds? I hope you have not quit. We are still waiting a youtube post of one of the songs I sent to you. Whats going on with it?????

No, haven't touched it for over a week. In the hospital a lot, (mini stroke stuff) and partial paralysis of left arm etc. Actually got it out of the box Thursday for 5 minutes, but so much pain (not to mention how bad it SOUNDED!), I put it up. Hopefully in a week or 2 I can move better, less pain and get back to it. Really bummed. My mind is there, my body ain't....

Mike C.
randy4u

No, haven't touched it for over a week. In the hospital a lot, (mini stroke stuff) and partial paralysis of left arm etc. Actually got it out of the box Thursday for 5 minutes, but so much pain (not to mention how bad it SOUNDED!), I put it up. Hopefully in a week or 2 I can move better, less pain and get back to it. Really bummed. My mind is there, my body ain't....

It seems my brain is the real problem? It is my RIGHT arm/shoulder, not left....Heck, maybe it's just Alzheimers?

Mike hope your better soon so you can get back to learning. Remember pulling and pushing on that bellows is great therapy for that arm and shoulder.

dave from abq
So who's played an excalibur brand box? They've got cajun and other styles of diatonic accordions for sale on ebay & @ jim laabs music website.
Anyone tried one?

I am probably wrong, but maybe Jim Pettijohn MAY have had one? Not sure but the one I am thinking of he had to fight to return etc and HATED the thing. Check with him first as I am still to new at this to remember, not to mention a bit medicated....

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!