Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: couple of song names

Aaah.there it is....John Delafose " Don't you Leave Me '..track 14 sample..Geno sings it by the sounds of it?

http://www.amazon.com/Blues-Stay-Away-John-Delafose/dp/B0000002ZY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1283764788&sr=1-5

Roy Carriere does it too. Thanks guys, for the help on this. It was driving me nuts.

'green grass' is a wilson pickett song

zydeco bands do kind of a simplified version usually

wle

i think a lot of times zydeco bands just steal a song and call it something else to avoid copyright

they are small enough to get under the radar usually

or maybe it;s accidental

they change a few words and think they DID make it up

wle

I've got a song I wrote, right after hearing another song that sounded pretty much the same. Only difference is, original was on a PA, mine on single row. And there was much less to mine.

Dwight do you have any youtube posts of your playing and singing???

Not any I'm particularly happy with. Thought about putting something up for Love Bridge, but, I feel like it's a song in need of a makeover.

My singing????!!!!! Nah, probably not going to put that up. Achilles heel. Nowhere near authentic.

Me on rubboard is going to have to suffice for right now. See link 2.

How do you embed a video in a message?

Nice stage presents I always think how fun it is to be on stage having people watch me play whatever it might be I am playing. I know I am not the best but I also know I am not the worst so at least we have the nerve to get up and do it in front of an audience. When your ready I really would like to see an accordion clip of you playing since you now live in Calif the land where I grew up for most of my life and didnt know Cajun music existed.

I didn't get any presents while on stage. Nor off.

I have played rubboard "professionally" though, i.e. was in some bands and that was what I was paid for.

through busking, my playing is getting better, and I'm settling into the groove in songs a lot better than I was. I say better. Not perfect.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!