Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
chere ici, chere la bas

Anyone know of anyone else who does this tune besides Bois Sec/Canray and Geno?

I'm trying to find a fiddle solo on it to help me smooth my fiddling out on this. Bois Sec and Canray play on top of each other all the time and it's hard to tease them apart.

Re: chere ici, chere la bas

Keith Frank did a version of it on "The Masked Band" CD. The fiddle was played by his nonc.

-David

To me it's an only slightly different take on Tit Mamou, or vice versa.

Thanks yall. I do have Frank's version, but didn't listen all the way through, not expecting there to be a fiddle.

Dwight, in my collection, I've four other versions, but not by louisiana bands, all with accordion and fiddle :
Midway Ramblers Cajun Band (from Chicago)
Les Femmes d'Enfer (women band from Seattle)
Zigazag (from England)
The Boat Band (from England)
Their styles are ........... differents.

Marc.

I've probably got Les Femmes cd somewhere. I know them. The accordionist is from my home town area.

Yes, and they can hear this version on :

http://www.motagator.net/Les_Femmes_dEnfer/blog.php

Marc.

You have the Masked Band CD and never noticed the fiddle??? Really??? That's one of the best things about that CD. I think it is also the very first CD in which Keith Frank recorded a waltz.

I rarely listen to Keith Frank. Hadn't listened to that cd in several years. And, I didn't listen all the way through the song.

We have a band here (Pain d'Maïs) that plays a zydeco version of it. They're not Cajun and the sound of the video is not very good, but you might find a few ideas you like in that video. The fiddle player can be heard well enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Jent6zAcM

Christian

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!