Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: two accordions on Ebay

John,

SO yuou saw it in Martins shop..
but who made it ????

If this box had to go to e bay to off it.. and Mouton has an accordion shop and music store

this is a desparation sale....

Looks like it has been around the barn yard for a while, and then in the hands of an amateur player that put button numbers on it with a sharpie (or skirpie?)

A Bb "from " Mouton but NOT a Mouton

and PINK ....
$391 is too much for a pink box.. I don;t care who made it

But the reeds are worth $200

I'm 90% sure it was originally a Master Accordion brand by Charlie Ortego.

John

Maybe I ought to buy or maybe y'all ought to pool your money and buy for me. It would go real nice with my hot pink hot pants. LMAO

Well now,

If you bought it.. how about a rattle can in flat black........
The option being a complete disassembly and refurb.

That makes the box worth $200 as a project...
Surprised there isn't a buy it now

Pretty in Pink

One must be an excellent player and "manly" to play that one...

This is the text on Ebay.

You are biding on a handmade Louisiana accordion. It is in the key of B flat and has been serviced and freshly tuned By Mouton Accordions and is ready to be played. It has Benci Italian handmade reeds. and Italian bellows This is a used instrument and seems to have had work done to it over the years and been repainted , pink yes pink , it could use some cleaning since it has obviously been played in dance halls but it still has years of life left in it . I do not know who the maker was, possibly the logo was covered up when it was painted it was obviously played by a proffessional since it looks like it once had pickups on it .

What's the brand ?

One of the former owners must have a math-background, because he or she can count from one to ten.

Maybe you can use those Italian bellows and stoke the fire before you throw that ugly box into the flames Let Mouton Music keep that ugly looking thing

My opinion is that if the box was worth stripping, refinishing and refurbing.. Mouton would do it given any parts he used would be at wholesale not retail
and of course, he has far more experience and skill than most of us.

It's worth $200 for the reeds.

Hey, Jeff...my opinion is that Greg probably was selling the box for someone he is building one for. I bet he has enough business of his own, than to be refurb-ing some other unknown builder's box.

Just my opinion...
cb

Could be...

but the value of the box and the return on investment might be greater with a refurb.

It is also possible that Greg's opinion is that it is not worth doing

All speculation of course.

What is not speculation is that is one ugly baby

A refurb on an unmarked, unknown Bb box would be a waste of time (aka money) if I were a builder of my own line of accordions! Now if it was a "C" Dave could be playing the thing this week-end! (with or without the repaint job)

And let us remember that beauty is only varnish deep! It may play and sound fantastic! (still a tough key to play and learn in at any local jams)
cb

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!