Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: R.I.P. Adam Hebert

very sad about this.
wish I could have had the opportunity to visit
with him.

roger

It is fustrating how time gets away from you. My wife and had planned on going to the nursing home on University where Mr. Hebert was staying and playing some of his songs for him. But we just couldn't get over there. He left a lot for us to remember him with. Love his music.
Le Piquant

Wasn't that the man who made "tit Galop pour la Pointe aux Pins"? That has always been one of my favorite Cajun songs.

Yes Adam Hebert made that song and a lot of other wonderful Cajun songs.
Le Piquant

Peer, not sure how in the world Flat Town Music credits him with authorship of 'Tit Galop pour la Pointe aux Pins since it is the same as John Bertrand's Cousinne Lilly from 1929!

http://npmusic.org/John_Bertrand_Cousinne_Lilly.mp3

The obit says he also created Ouvre Cette Porte, J'Aimerais Connaitre, le Moulin (based on What's the Matter with the Mill?), and La Valse de Ma Cherie.

I think his Pour la Derniere Fois is one of my favorites, and Every Night When it Gets Dark. He had a talent for songwriting.

Madeleine

Adam Hebert is also credited with Madeleine, a song done by both Cajun and Creole bands. So that's quite a few standards!

Me, I love his singing and his unique fiddle style!

Re: Madeleine

Unless were are talking about DL Menard I am very cautious giving credit to the author of songs. I use the-who ever standarized the lyrics-as the authority.
Le Piquant

T'as raison, Piquant!

Merci Neal!
Le Piquant

The Chicago Cajun Aces played a CFMA dance last night and
almost half of the numbers we played were Mr. Hebert's.
What a great repertoire to choose from!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!