Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Couple more thoughts

It is enlightening that at least some of you are beginning to recognize that there is a hierarchy
in Cajun music that begins with self proclaimed "insiders" and slides down hill to those who are "foreigners".

Have you ever examined the words inclusive and exclusive? Insider and outsider..the use of the terms is disgusting.

I have been around here for a long time.. and it is my opinion that in all the music discussion forums (fora) in which I participate, this one is by far the most exclusive and biased and bigotted of them all. Add to that closed minded and down right mean.
And absolutely blind to facts and revel in ignorance as a charging banner.

Just my opinion, which does not diminish my interest in Cajun music and culture and specifically the accordeon.`

Thanks for your wonderful insight on this Jeff. Will someone please elaborate.
Le Piquant

Sounds like he likes the music enough to tolerate the people who make it.

Re:The Truth

What has saved this forum is meeting each other.I have made many great friends,and truly like everyone I've met.My only regret is not having enough time to spend with everyone.There are folks I only got to see for a minute this weekend.The truth is everyone I saw at Festival Acaidian was having a great time dancing,smiling,eating,playing and enjoying the company of others.I only wish it lasted longer
P.S.I wonder if Herbet and Jeff are the same person

Re: Re:The Truth

They may not be the same person, but to me it seems they have a lot of the same attitudes. In person, eye to eye, they are probably both good men.

Remember folks, this forum is just like a radio.

If you don't like the song being played, you can always just turn it off or change stations.

Grandpa always said "You're just wasting your time and your breath arguin' with a fence post."

Jerry, send me a copy of that book.

JB

Couple thoughts from a Happy Foreigner

There's a difference between being called an outsider and calling yourself an outsider, which I did. And it's true:
I don't live in, or come from LA, don't play in a Cajun band, don't tune my own accordion, I don't eat boudin etc. etc. but I just like (to play) this music.
There are worse things than being an "outsider". People from all over the world are welcome on this hangout, and I'm glad to be one of them. I've been on lots of forums, but I keep coming back to this one, for it's always informative, and/or fun.
OK, maybe people from Cajun origin may have a bit of a special position here, but I don't mind. After all, it's their music and their heritage.
But "hierarchy"? ... come on. If I had felt it that way, i'd be gone long ago

Re: Couple thoughts from a Happy Foreigner

Not necccesarily a hierarchy but a pecking order.
Le Piquant

Peer don't eat boudin

Ok Peer ,I can handle you not being from Louisiana and not playing in a Cajun Band,and not tuning your on accordion,but not eating boudin!Holy cow!I take back what I said about your Enterre Moi Pas being the best I ever heard
You got to start eating boudin man

Re: Peer don't eat boudin

non merci.

every thing is good on a pig cept the eyes.
Le Piquant

I've seen the eyes go in frommage de tete.

Here's looking at you.
Le Piquant

I'm sure the boudin Peer would have eaten in Europe isn't the same as what we get at Don's or the Best Stop. I think Boudin Noir is more prevalent there. OT a little, sorry

Right !!
To be honest, I had never boudin in my life.
But we do have "bloedworst" here (blood sausage)- and "Black Pudding" in Ireland, and I hate that!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!