Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chris Ardoin traditional french songs

Yeah..I totally agree with Ganey and melodreon...

I first saw Chris play at the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival back in , I think, 2002. Awesome...also Harold Guillory on rubboard was a standout...hooey...great band.

Chris probably has plenty of other things happening in his professional life, other than music, but I sure would like to hear him play more 'rootsy' stuff.

I'm also a closet Sean Ardoin fan...there's STACKS of talent in that man!

Not a real bad couple of off-spring for the Ardoins !! LOL.

Also..I followed Dexter Ardoin from a few years back....his album " What You Come To Do " is a good one for those learning Creole style accordion..IMHO.

Thanks for the video,I've always thought Chris was a good accordion player,and would love to see him do a tradional CD

When Chris starts pushing 50 in his late 40's, he will, in fact, record a totally traditional CD. Copy this post and save it. It will happen. Chris is a very well-rounded artist, from root to limb. He sees all and is a very marketable asset in the realm of non-traditional zydeco today.

Relax... he'll be with you in a moment. Care for a cup of coffee while you wait?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!