Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lafayette Car Rental

Looking forward to Balfa Camp next year, does anyone know where the cheapest car rental in Lafayette is?

Or would anyone like to rent me an old clunker (car, van, truck) for the week? As long as it would get to Chicot and back.

Thanks,

BJ

Re: Lafayette Car Rental

Priceline.
Le Piquant

Thanks. I'll check it out.

you have to go to the upper right side and click on name you price. Then you can bid on a car.
Le Piquant

Cars are rather useless in Lafayette because of all the swamps, rivers, and bayous. You should consider renting what the natives call a pirogue, prounounced like "pheeh reauoux" which is a canoe made from a hollowed log. If you choose not to rent one, don't take one that you may find on the bayou banks. The natives will think you stole it (even if you leave a note saying you're bringing it back) and they will hunt you down by setting traps and sicking their dogs on you.

I tried that once and it stunted my growth. You have been warned.
Le Piquant

BJ

If you are flying in and don't mind hitching a ride in a pickup truck to Chicot, I will be driving in from Texas and could give you a lift. I was gonna take IH49 North, or whatever it is, anyway.
Send me an e-mail with the details on your flight if that sounds OK.
That is, unless you just have your heart set on buyin' a used pirogue from Jerry.
JB

Thanks for the offer, JB. There may be as many as five of us, and all wanting to do different things before and after camp, so we probabably need our own wheels. Or pirogue. I saw a film about that. Now I'm scared.

BJ

I just had a look at that bidding deal, Jerry. Thanks- that looks like a good idea.
I guess that bid goes to all the companies and they accept rather than have a car standing unrented.
It might be worth trying nearer the time.
Now, where do I bid for a pirogue?

BJ

BJ, you'll find them here near lake Victoria at very cheap rates, but have to empty this particular one out yourself, and then row it across the Atlantic ..... PS the Roman statue has been donated by Glenn on his last fishing trip there; it comes free, and when tied to a rope can be used as killick instead of your accordion.

Or this one might be better though it's pretty smelly, it will take a little petrol to get it across. PS Ask BP for sponsoring, they owe the Louisiana folks a Big One, and eventually you could sell the fish once there to boot, or ask Bryan to cook you a nice gumbo:

- Jolly Jack Looney

Dis Cajun man had a sign in his yard that read "boat for sale." So this other man stopped to see it. When he asked the old man about the boat the old man pointed to 2 pickup trucks had sitting under a tree. So he said to the old Cajun man "dats 2 trucks". The old man replied yes and day boat for sale.
Le Piquant

During Blackpot 3 week ago, I rented a car from Entreprise. I picked it up in NOLA and dropped it off in Lafayette. It cost me about $350 all in (tax insurance etc.) for 4 days. The basic cost was like $32 + tax and insurance. I was very pleased with the service.

BJ, on this trip, you need to make some real friends; so that next time you don't gotta hafta figga this kinda thang out. No? Hehe...

Rick, me thinks BJ is a such nice bloke, you can lend him your wheels safely, but be warned: he's also very charming; keep your ladies on a leash .... N.

I got a luxury car rental dallas texas in my list. It’s really helpful especially if someone searching for a car rental services.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!