Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
T-Coon Touchet on steel guitar

Just checking to see if I can figure out how to embed a video from YT. Pretty easy. These videos of the great Mr. Arcange Touchet don't have a lot of hits on YouTube. so I thought I would post them here in case you missed them. He played with Badeaux and the Louisiana Aces and then the Touchet Brothers band. He made some memorable screams in Cajun music on those old 45s with DL Menard, like Back Door and She Didn't Know I Was Married, Louisiana Aces Special, etc.

La Porte en Arrière

Tous les Soirs (Johnny and Jack's What about You?)

Dans les Pins (Leadbelly's In the Pines)

Re: T-Coon Touchet on steel guitar

This is great.
Does anybody know what the tuning is of the two guitars.
Thanks Neal.

C and D is what they normally do.
Le Piquant

Is the guitar tuned in an open C and D ?
I know how to tune a dobro when used in bluegrass, but sometimes they use other ways to use an open chord tuning. There are a lot of tunings possible and I can find a lot on the internet, but I never found one for Cajun music.

I will get the way Melvin Mire tunes his steel. He plays in my jam and has been playing for 50 plus years and he can make that thing sing.
Le Piquant

Must be nice to have a MY Jam. Usually it takes more than one but in your case one is more than enough

Great footage! My wife and I danced at the Bon Ami
club in Erath in 1992, where the Touchets played every Sunday.

T-Coon told us he wrote "The Back Door". There is
some controversy about that but the pedal steel
makes the song a classic!

I have some old videos of the Lawtell Playboys ( Jeffrey Broussards dad Delton, and Calvin Carriere.
I like to know how to "embed" a video.

If you have a YouTube account, you can login, then at the upper right is a link to Upload. You can upload your video there.

Once it is uploaded, open up the video and under it should be a line with Like Add to Share and Embed. Click Embed and copy the code. Then post that code in the text box of a Bravenet message.

I'd love to see some Lawtell Play Boys video if you can post it. I saw them here in Washington and they had caps that spelled it Play Boys (sic).

Thanks for the information. I do have a YouTube account but Ive never uploaded to it before. Luckily, I transferred the original tapes to digital form.
What video editor should I use to edit out some individual tunes that would fit on YouTube?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!