Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two Years playing Cajun accordion"video"

I thought this might help beginners.I started playing two years ago on a three row panther,Then a few months latter a La Cajun accordion.It made all the difference.I started with Big Nicks lessons"Thanks Nick",than added Video's and advice from Jim Pettijohn,Jamey Hall,Peer,Bryan L,and many others on this forum.I'm playing Lacassine Special which is a hard tune for me.Over all I've had a lot of fun and made many good friends

Re: Two Years playing Cajun accordion"video"

Hey Patrick..I enjoyed that..the gittar backing , the tempo and that D box screaming away....top job..I'd definitely grab a gal 'n get up 'n dance to that one !!

I like 'em wild too, Mr P, gals or no gals; almost Latin style this one, great. You've got yourself a musical clo(w)ne there Nick: would love to see the two of you together kick up dust on a stage, exchanging solo instruments while on the loose. ... Nout

Happy Anniversary! Great playing and amazing progress in two years, my friend and fellow "outsider". It's been a joy to watch you improve so quickly, and to get to play with you and your lovely wife Cindy; I look forward to many years of the same.

For those of you who haven't met Patrick personally, he's not only a gifted musician, he's also as nice a guy as you could ever meet, smart as a whip, and lots of fun. That goes for Cindy, too. I feel blessed to call him a friend. Can't wait to see him this time NEXT year!

Speaking of which, my third year anniversary comes in exactly one week from today. Guess I'll have to post a video soon. Wish I had that cool back-up band . . .

GREAT job Patrick!

Patrick

Very nice playing man, I am very impressed for having only been playing two years. Keep the videos coming.

Thanks
Brett Thibodeaux

Patrick,
Great job and great playing. I am also impressed and only hope I can do that after two years. You definately have talent...
Chuck from Kentucky.

Thanks everyone,This forum has been a big inspiration.Hope to see everybody at Balfa.Jamey ,you've been a big big help to me and lots of others,and a good friend.Thanks Bro

P.S.I've enjoyed all the videos and post and learn from them all.Keep'em coming

Rockin' Pat! You broke on through to the other side, my man.

I'm liking that D accordion more and more too

Great stuff!! And that after only two years. I wonder what the future will bring !!
I knew you would be good on accordion when first I heard you play that fiddle. You have a great feeling for rhythm and groove.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!