Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cajun Accordion Music Theory - Files

Brett - Thanks for sending the files. I appreciate it.

Bruce

Yeah, Understand how a tune is structured is very important to play music. I started accordion without musical knowledges, I haven't any musician friends, so the only way to understand music was:

- 1st learn basic tunes from tablature (very basic and not cajun ones, just to get use with the instrument).
- 2nd read lots of music theory about partition, how a tune is built and how a tune is made and how my instrument is built. + listen lots of cajun music.
- 3rd Learn by watching clips.

...and just so know learn by ears, and it seem so easy know!

I don't say it's the best solution for everybody, but for me I think that getting all this steps have been vey useful...

and Brett, thank you for all your stuff about making video lessons and now with this new tutorials, very useful as always!

Greg -

No problem man. Glad you can use the information.

Thanks
Brett Thibodeaux

Hey Brett, i also, had trouble getting the files. Would appreciate e-mail files if you could
Thanks
Chuck from Kentucky

Me too. I couldn't bring it up either. Help!
Le Piquant

Jerry & chuck -

The files have been sent.

Cajun Accordion Music Theory - Files - UPLOAD ATTEMPT #2

The files have been uploaded to mediafire. Hope this works.

Re: Cajun Accordion Music Theory - Files - UPLOAD ATTEMPT #2 - Other information

Other Useful information at links 1,2,3.

Re: Cajun Accordion Music Theory - Files - UPLOAD ATTEMPT #2 - Other information

Bewrr, thanks. I got them
Chuck

Re: Cajun Accordion Music Theory - Files - For KEYS A - Bb - C

Some folks have asked that I complete the Accordion Theory file for several different key accordions. Attached you can find Link #1 (Key of A), Link #2 (Key of Bb), and Link #3 (Key of C). There have been some revisions to the C file since last posted.

Hope you enjoy, and feel free to ask questions if something isn't clear.

Thanks
Brett Thibodeaux

Re: Cajun Accordion Music Theory - Files - For KEYS D - G - Music Theory REV1

Link #1 (Key of D), Link #2 (Key of G), and Link #3 (Music Theory REV1).

Re: Cajun Accordion Music Theory - Files - CONSOLIDATED - BIG NICK

Better Yet I have consolidated all of this information (LINK#1) into one PDF document along with an explanation of how to use each document step-by-step. I have also forwarded this to Big Nick's Email in hopes that he can load onto the bottom of this discussion board (similar to Jamie Hall's Music Theory) so that this will be more readily available for others in the future.

OK I'm finished for a while.

Thanks
Brett Thibodeaux

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!