Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jesse and Joel

Now that is impressive! I have to say that I have all three and paid for all of them; but free is even better. I was even at the Glen Echo dance. Even paying for them was worth it, but you can't beat free. They are all fine CDs, well worth getting.

Jack Bond

I bought all three, too, and don't regret it for a second. JB, you were there at the Glen Echo Dance!!?? You lucky SOB (and I mean that with all possible affection)! That is one fine CD. Their version of Hicks Wagon Wheel is worth the price of admission all by itself.

They are as good as gold, those two.

They are good, and I'll be sending a donation.

What a S T E A L hope Le Pig doesnt see this

Great music, but I'm a little t'd off as I paid for all of these CD's and now the the music they contain is free. It's sort of a slap in the face, I'm trying to support artists and then they do this.

The donation thing is kinda tongue in cheek. I will buy them through a donation. I think Joel is testing a marketing stratagy. I suspect there will be some that we not pay for the music. I suppose that if they make no money they won't do anymore.
Le Piquant

buttonbox
Great music, but I'm a little t'd off as I paid for all of these CD's and now the the music they contain is free. It's sort of a slap in the face, I'm trying to support artists and then they do this.
Aye Ted, alas i prefer CD's, so if you want to flog 'em, i am your man . - Nout

I paid for all three also, and I'm not the least t'd off; in fact, I'm kind of proud that I'm supporting the artists. I think this is a bold move on their part to get people aware of their music. I expect that if they could get by with it, they wouldn't charge for any of their music, CD or performance, because they believe in sharing the joy of it with everyone.

If they do a free concert in the park, am I gonna be mad that I paid for the concert last week? Or if they charged for the park concert, that they let some of the late-comers in free?

Nope.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!