Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cajun King

Low cost Cajun style accordion. Pretty good deal. $550 buy it now

Re: Cajun King

I bought one just like it on Ebay in the key of A for about that price. I loosened up the springs to my liking and put an internal mic in it and I gig with it all the time. These are very nice, built like battleships and while a little quiet compared to an La box with handmade italian reeds, once you mic it either externally for cajun or internally for zydeco it has the sound for sure. Someone should jump on this. JMHO

Mine had modest quality Italian reeds.. Cagnoni and not hand made.

I bought mine for $500 with hard case and straps.
I felt fortunate to sell it for $550.

I prefer Hohner HA 114

They also use more air.

Some one bought it. He bid 9 times trying to top the reserve but I guess the reserve was same as the buy it now price.

I own a white cajun king in the D key and it works to my benefit. Its a very great accordion. The only downside was when i went to martin accordions to have it tuned. He told me it was tuned to zero cents.

Brandon sure he wasn't telling you how much it was worth????

Bruce funny how that works

no he wasnt telling me how much it was worth. I bought it from mouton's music shop and he priced it at 1000 dollars. Martin told me it wasnt tuned correctly i think.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!