Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: David Greely .. announced his retirement from the Playboys?

Hmmm....tinnitus or similar I guess..

A good sound system in a favourable environment shouldn't cause too much of a problemn for the musos as foldbacks can be levelled and balanced to a comfort level for the band.

We recently played a large outdoor venue with a superb sound system and sound engineers supplied, and it was quite comfortable for us band members....they tell me FOH sound was ' punchy' and crisp...our foldback was excellent .

My experience however,is the small clubs and venues where you get foldback PLUS reflected FOH levels really start to cause issues like creeping' deafness'( where you think you can't hear yourself as well as you did at the start of the gig )and ringing ears on the way home and the next day sometimes...especially after playing a multi-set long gig.

I don't think there'll be a real problem getting a top class fiddler for the Playboys..they probably have someone lined up already....but I suspect Dave's contribution to vocal harmonies, that Cajun feel of the songs, composition skills , band management, etc. will be the issue....he's a real good guy....sincerely wish him all the best.

I dunno...

Plenty of venues with so-called "first rate" sound systems have blown out my ears.

I think any musician who claims not to have any tinnitus at all is simply tuning it out well...

I'm excited he's coming up to Folklore Village, can't wait to learn from him again. Did I also read correctly that Charlie is teaching fiddle this year?

I remember when one of my girlfriends announced her retirement from Playboy, I was sad.

Jim where is the like button on this site?
Le Piquant

Jerry, I'll be glad to explain to you where the "like" button is, but not in mixed company . . .

One can always count on their friends.
Le Piquant

Uh Jamey ..

"This one time .. at band camp .."

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!