Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shoulder Problems

Thanx Jim...appreciate your thoughts...and your situation....frustrating and painful for both of us but in different ways.
We support my wife's sister who has MS ...can be a bit ' wearing' at times but we just do it..as the Nike slogan says.

The irony is it's only day surgery for me...but when I ask the surgeon how many weeks/months before I can play my accordion and guitars,pain free, he looks like I just landed from Planet X in a far away galaxy. !!
Think he's used to be asked by athletes and sports folks...when can I play ball next, Doc,.. Coach wants me back for the finals ?..That he can answer confidently.

So..that's why I posted on the Discussion board...for any rehab, time frames.

I've had to call a time out for my band for the period May - August...but we're trying to establish if I'm gonna be fit for gigs in Sept - December.....
and I'm also trying to plan a re-re-re-visit trip to the USA in the next 12 months...Louisiana etc etc.
Those suitcases are bloody heavy when you have a ' dicky ' shoulder.

Oh well..enuf of my medical story.....let's move on...thanx again Jim and all.

Where abouts are you from Darryl?

Wait for it...Australia...Adelaide , the capital city.

We have great, great friends in Eunice and in Morrilton , Arkansas and Tampa , FL.

Been to Eunice/LA/New Orleans many times..it's our second home.....did the Mardi Gras run out of Eunice..that was somethin' else. Folks at KBON radio station are real buddies...Paul, Todd and all.
My wife and I are Honorary Citizens of Eunice...not sure what the benefits are , LOL...but sure was a nice thing that they arranged for us.

Got my C box ( Master ) from Ganey and my Bb Bon Temps from Jude Moreau...VERY happy...both have done a LOT of work and still as sweet as.
Got a band here that's been together for 5 or 6 years now...done plenty of work..mix of Cajun, Creole, Zydeco, Country , Blues....all tailored to suit Aussie audiences.
So..there you are...Darryl.

Darryl- Do you have a website for your band? Watcha guys called?

I've heard that one row Hohners are somewhat popular in Australia for styles much like Irish?

Hi Jimbo,
I am pretty sure that you and Darryl were at Augusta together in 2003 cause I knew both of you...lol! Maybe your paths did not cross then, just saying
Bob S [KarlS is my nom de rue...ha ha ha]

Now that I think of it, I think I do remember meeting Darryl.

Darryl, you could use this kind of strap for a while, it would be more comfortable :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35WCuRoBHKM

Christian

Christian
Darryl, you could use this kind of strap for a while, it would be more comfortable :

Christian

Good thing, Cristian .... PS Now call the Animal Police; ther'z 2 thingz in this clip that got "shoplifted" from the rear of our car; a leash and them 2 cut off pieces of broom stick she owns. - Nout

Meant owned by our bull terrier:

- N

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!