Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: accordions

Phil Underwood (Zigazag, UK), Gilles Küsmerük (Cajun Express, France), David Rolland (Sarah Savoy and the Francadians)... They are good.

Tor, there is a 2-CD set titled "Cajun and Zydeco from Europe" (Whoopee Records).

Christian

You're right Christian.
Sorry I forget them.
And we forget more , I think

Yes, probably. I forgot the name of this young guy too, but the band is les 4 Jeun's. He's on this video (first 31/2 minutes) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFOBrpt2q8s

He's the son of Vincent Giarusso, the fiddler from Pain de Mais.
I couldn't find his first name.

I bow my head

I will never again talk again about something I dont know a **** about.
But I am talking about Louisiana cajun music, not some finnish or norwegian or italian stuff. The Dutch music is all good. I think they have a tradition with the accordion, like the Irish.

Tor Eisland----

Ron made a list of Cajun accordion players in Europe. TOR,what the hell are you talking about (with other styles of music)? You wanted a list of Cajun style players in Europe, you got it.

How's that angry boy of yours, by the way? Is he still mad about the fact that no one will teach him for free? Tell him it takes many, many years to teach an ingrate.

Hi Jim

Sorry, I missed your post.
The Prodigal apologizes to you for have taken an offensive attitude. Some day he will grow up and behave.

tor

I dont know what end i should pick up

I have seen a list of some cajun accordion players in some kind of euroupeean countries,

I haven`t heard about no one, Arve Håland is no cajun, Thath swede you are talking about is no good, and the finnish is to close to the russian border.

tor

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!