Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hohner triple row iPad app.

My goodness..where will it all end.

Digital 3 row accordions, IPads with synth sounds, iPhones with lap steel/pedal steel programmes,...etc.

....perhaps Cajun Boxes digitised next...

.. now that's what the LA makers can run with..use their engineering skills to make their single row accordions digital friendly and 'sexy'....

I can't help thinking there's a revolution about to happen with accordions..and ' folk ' type instruments...and just maybe that's a good thing?

Technology moves on and that's always good - bearing in mind the electric guitar didn't kill the accoustic, digital piano didn't kill the the Steinway. It will make for long debates, I'm sure. I've got the slide app on my itouch, and I've been tempted to plug it into the PA as a goof for one song. Can you imagine a whole band showing up in a VW beetle and pulling their instruments out of their pockets? Don't think that will go over with the roadie union.
-Steve

I'm the developer of the Hohner 3-row apps, there is also a one-row called "Zydaccordion" for the iPad and "Zydacco" for the iPhone. The apps can play either in C or D, and have either wet or dry tuned reed sounds:

http://www.tradlessons.com/Zydaccordion.html

http://www.tradlessons.com/Zydacco.html

Cheers,

Michael

Lordy Oh Lordy Oh Lordy....here we go..the future is with us now.
Yep Steve....it'll make going to a gig a whole lot easier than man-handling in gittars, keyboards, accordions, etc etc etc.

We all just stand there with IPads around our necks connected to wireless transmitters linked to the in-house PA....

I need a stiff drink..it's all a bit much....should I sell all of my instruments and PA gear and buy an IPad..that's the question ?? LOL.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!