Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Learn Cajun Accordion Volume 2

Braves,

I will be offering “Learn Cajun Accordion Volume 2” on my WEB page later this week.
I had wanted to get your opinion on pricing.

Volume-I was a one-disk session for $25.
Volume-III was a two-disk set for $30.

Volume-II is a three disk set. Does $35 sound fair?

Here’s a run-down on contents.

Target audience is beginner to intermediate player.

- Two Video Disks – Approximately 3 hours of video instruction total.

- One Audio CD – 15 tracks of accompanying audio in two tempos. Kick off by Big Nick and then it’s your turn :) About ½ hour long.

- Booklet – 56 page booklet containing sheet music (for BOTH left and right hands) and tablature for all selections. Notes about playing on various levels. Jamey Hall’s most excellent music theory for Cajun Accordion.

Technical – 3 cameras used for far-shot, left-hand and right-hand close ups, (overhead camera for piano.) Separate audio track for high quality audio (no “across-the-room” audio).

Booklet contents:

- Demystifying the Accordion – An explanation of the available scales on the Cajun Accordion – What keys can you play in, why some songs “work” and others don’t. Demonstration on both Accordion and Piano for graphic clarity.

- Vive L ’Amour / Mon Aimable Brune – Cajun Drinking song – Demonstrated for right hand only and single notes to “get you up and running”. Includes Cajun Accordion right-hand chords for a second accordion duo as well as guitar chords.

- L’Agneau Petit – Adding left to right hand, adding octaves to a simple melody.

- Scale Exercise – Simple scale exercises to practice dexterity.

- Amede Two Step – A-Part – Broken down into levels: simple, staccato, staccato and pinky, variation 1, syncopation, more syncopation, pickups, variation 2, chords, conclusion

- Amede Two Step – B-Part – simple, octaves

- Cowboy Waltz – Elaboration on simple version presented in Volume 1

- Flames Of Hell – A-Part – “Express lesson” simplified

- Choupique – A-Part – Broken down into levels: simple, rhythm, octaves, syncopation, triplets, more octaves, pickups, variations

- Choupique – B-Part

- Audio CD – 15 tracks. Includes accompaniments for all above selections in 2 tempos.

- Jamey Hall’s Excellent Music Theory

- Vocabulary

Thanks!

--bn

Re: Learn Cajun Accordion Volume 2

$ 35? It's very correct. It's the price for 1 or 2 hours with a particular instructor !!!

Marc.

Works for me! Sign me up. I really enjoyed the Vol 3.

It's cheap, especially considering the time and effort you put in on it. I won't hesitate to pull the trigger on it.

Sounds good to me

I'm in.

BN, will you be at Balfa, and if so, can we pick one up there?

John

Looking forward to it. I am still enjoying Volume 1.

Hi John,

I am not positive that I will be attending Balfa camp this year ..

Although I really want to, only time will tell.

But yes, if I'm there, I'll have DVD's with me!

Merci,

--Big Nick

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!