Dashboard Clock
Search for other Discussion Forum and contribute your trading ideas, e.g. type in 'Options Trading Forum' in Google search bar below
Google

Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME
Return to Website

Options Strategies Discussion and Support Forum

Welcome to Etradehome Forum on Options Strategies. Feel free to post a message.
Any commentary or illustration generated in this forum is provided for educational purposes only. You must decide your own suitability to buy or sell options. This is neither a solicitation nor an offer to buy/sell stocks or options. Commission was not taken into calculation. Note: You have to know the risk of options writing before execution, especially naked call/put writing, bull/put spread, covered call writing, short straddle, short strangle, short guts, short/long iron butterfly, short/long wingspreads and short/long box.  Forum participants have to exercise responsibility and sincerity in message posting.

www.etradehome.com

Options Strategies Discussion and Support Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Delta Loss, Volatility and Tinme Decay

wow this is very informative, even with my expertise in options it still take me sometimes to digest and I still blur at some parts. Maybe time for recourse again. Haha but what is important, just make money.

I do not sell front month also, front month time decay is at the maximum so it is good for options seller but what is missing from this is that when you sell front month options, the time decay has already kick in and you have to sell closer / nearer to the market which in term is increasing your risk.

Here is 1 suggestion if you are planning to sell front month for $1. Look for a next month $2 and see how far off you can sell. Your income remain the same you are still collecting $1 a month except this time u collect $2 at the end of 2 month instead of $1 every month.

I normally sell a options 30 - 90 days. I try not to go beyond 90 days probably because I am trading futures options and it is more volatile and also futures options you can sell really far off so there is no need to sell so far away.

Good luck everyone

Re: Delta Loss, Volatility and Tinme Decay

Hi Mr. Sun,

very enlightening email. Been trying to get you through your old email. Its been a while since I posted. Been 2-3 yrs since I took the course but no good progress yet. Have not even earn back what was lost still.

I have only been using short guts too. Guess must have miss out some of these important points that you stated.

HAve a quest: For the position not rolled over, when there is assignment at the end of the month, I construct a new position which should be 2-3 months away?

Thanks.