Dashboard Clock
Search for other Discussion Forum and contribute your trading ideas, e.g. type in 'Options Trading Forum' in Google search bar below
Google

Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME
Return to Website

Options Strategies Discussion and Support Forum

Welcome to Etradehome Forum on Options Strategies. Feel free to post a message.
Any commentary or illustration generated in this forum is provided for educational purposes only. You must decide your own suitability to buy or sell options. This is neither a solicitation nor an offer to buy/sell stocks or options. Commission was not taken into calculation. Note: You have to know the risk of options writing before execution, especially naked call/put writing, bull/put spread, covered call writing, short straddle, short strangle, short guts, short/long iron butterfly, short/long wingspreads and short/long box.  Forum participants have to exercise responsibility and sincerity in message posting.

www.etradehome.com

Options Strategies Discussion and Support Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Market

I just came back from Vietnam and surprise, without me, there was no posting. Lets start the party again!

The July plunge really stretched my delta loss. The recent sideways market and lower volatility has brought up my account to another profitable level. The delta loss is reversed and probably I will get the repair done by end of this month. One month to repair, I am quite okay with it.

I also noticed a slow time decay for past 2 weeks, anyone knows why?

Thank you.

Hanz

Re: Market

Dear All,

From the movement on financial counters and some heavy weights, it seems the market is starting to prepare for the year end Christmas Rally. Or we call it Year End Election Rally.

Hurray for my delta repair and decrease in volatility. I noticed some fast time decay lately and I am enjoying every moment of it.

Thanks everyone!

Hanz

Re: Market

It seemed I was right, only for two days. The market plummeted so quick, as quick as Obama losing the poll results to McCain after Sarah Palin's speech.

Sun, I forgot what you told me. The last movement before reversal is the largest.

Now, delta is going against me again. I am protecting the downside by rolling down to March 09 for some of the ETF, especially XLE and OIH.

Thanks!