FearShaker Stories

Welcome to FearShaker

FearShaker is a forum where people from all over get together and tell there stories that may have happened to them or others. If you have a weird or bizarre story, then post it. We  talk about (cars, motorcycles, swap meets, clubs,Crafts,free stuff, Rv's, Ufo's, Aliens and much much more).  Let others know what's out there.  

If you have trouble posting, please email me at  Fearshaker1@hotmail.com

Fearshaker Stories
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weird Stuff that People Do.

Here is something that I came across in one of those free ads that you see and I thought was highly unusual and weird.

Free toenail clippings to a good home.
I have 40 mason jars of toenail clippings that my family and I have been collecting since I was a child. Now I'm older, my kids are grown and gone and have no interest in the toenails anymore. They think it's weird (they sure didn't think so when they were younger).
I have toenails in the jar that were from my father and mother, who passed in 1990. He had some thick, hard nails for about the last 10 years of his life. The fungus made them extra colorful. My mother used to paint her toenails different colors 1 a week, and would clip them faithfully.
We used them for art projects, Mom sewed them into the hems of our clothes to make them stronger, and Mom even glued them on the shower door to try to stop soap scum.
My kids made me a collage of all sorts of colors and shapes, which I still proudly have displayed.
I am hoping someone will appreciate these as much as I have over the years and find some good use for them.
Serious inquiries only please.

Re: Weird Stuff that People Do.

Hey Mike, here something that will top that.
As part of my job, I have to look at logs of things people search for on the internet. I've discovered a lot of really odd things in the results. Sometimes, they are weird in a sick way... other times, they are just plain strange. Often, I end up going to Google to do the search myself to see the kinds of things they are finding when they do their weird searches. From Water skiing polar bears to pokeman underwear, from coca cola caviar to weird insertions, these are some of my very favorite weird searches.

As part of my job, I have to look at logs of things people search for on the internet. I've discovered a lot of really odd things in the results. Sometimes, they are weird in a sick way... other times, they are just plain strange. Often, I end up going to Google to do the search myself to see the kinds of things they are finding when they do their weird searches. From Water skiing polar bears to pokeman underwear, from coca cola caviar to weird insertions, these are some of my very favorite weird searches.

Sock Worship
Made me look...
Every day, approximately 109 people search Yahoo for "Sock Worship." So, I wondered -- is this a church? An ode to sock monkeys? Apparently, it is a form of foot fetish, whereby people look at other people's feet in white socks. They massage. They smell. They even lick them. I don't get it, but sock worship is apparently a very real thing. You can check out the videos. Really.
Porcupine Eating Habits Is that about what porcupines eat or about eating porcupines? Approximately 121 people a day search on the phrase "porcupine eating habits," which surprised me. Now, certainly porcupines are interesting critters (did you know they are large rodents?) but their diet isn't that scintillating. They mostly eat trees (preferring the inner bark and needles of evergreens) as well as seeds, nuts and berries.

So, are people hunting for our quilly friends' eating habits because they want to protect their trees or because they want to feed them?

Re: Weird Stuff that People Do.

My husband and I fight about this all the time, but for me I don't think I am getting mad over weird stuff. It is important stuff to me and it make matters worse when he tries to miumis the problem. Just because you think it is weird over nothing to get mad over just listen to the other person and you might see where they are coming from.

flying_saucer.gif
Free Online Classified Ads View my Classified Ads
Free Classifieds by Bravenet.com
View my Guestbook
Free Guestbooks by Bravenet.com View my Photo Album
Free Photo Albums by Bravenet.com
Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com