Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Have you seen Borden lately?

I swear the DND has orders to tear down any house I lived in as a brat...lol.Stopped in yesterday with the kids comming back from North Bay to get a picture with us all in front of the old place but all of the Airforce PMQ's have been torn down,Barker Public is still there as a Reme school.
It was 60 School St I lived at,next they will be going after my house in Uplands and North Bay

Re: Have you seen Borden lately?

Yes was up there 2 weeks ago, took my dad to an armourers reunion. All overrun, no guards anyone can drive straight thru. Angus PMQ's all gone as well.

I just went to Borden about 3 weeks ago. I didn't even recognize the road or pathway I should say. My sister had to tell me where everything was. It was hard to picture. Sad though. Some of my best years on a base were of Borden.

HAVE BACK TO BORDEN MANY TIMES. WAS THERE TO WATCH THEM TEAR DOWN THE HOUSE THAT I LIVED IN. WAS REDUCED TO TEARS WATCHING THAT. LIVED THERE FROM EARLYJAN 70-TILL FALL72.HAD MANY A GOOD TIME LIVING THERE. FELT SAFE ALL THE TIME.SAD TO SEE THE BASE WASTING AWAY.