Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How many friends have you found out here?

Hi there,

I'm looking for friends I had so many years ago. My problem is i don't remember their names. You'd meet someone and in a very short time either you or they were posted on. It became safer nto not get too close to anyone so you weren't "hurt" when you parted suddenly.

, to NanExcuse the spellings of names, either I never learned to spell their names, or more probably my mind has securily stored them into my locked up memory.

Centralia: 1949 to 1952. Nunam, Jackson, Dempster, (grades 2,3,4)

North Luffenham: 1952 to 1954. Mr. Ferguson's class at Edith Weston School and then Miss Gilchrist's G?rade 7 class in the barrack block. Before Christmas 441 Squadron went to Zweibrukken. I had Mr. H?all for grade 7 for a few months as Marville was just being built. We got to go to the St. Jean Chateau to finish off the year with Miss Gilchrist again.
Some names I recall: Carl Christie, Brian Wrangham, Marilyn Harvey, Jackson's, Desormeaux, Danny and Nancy Hazel.
Grade eight started up in the new school at PMQ's in Longuyon, again with Miss Gilchrist and Mr. Smith.
In February 1956 we came back to Canada to Namao, stayed until summer 1960: Looking for Simpson (had a pet hawk), Lloyd Lord, Sandra Chase, Billy Webster, Wayne Funk, Tustin girls, McNabb.... and anyone who remembers Mr. Gene Klufas as their teacher.

Eagerly awaiting word of any of these fine "brats".

Kindest regards,

Danny

From 1955 to 1962, I spent the second half of my junior years at Viscount Alexander at Rockcliffe, then went to Rideau High for 2-1/2 years, then on to Ridgemont when my dad was posted to Uplands.

I've found just a few:

Lise Senechal
Eric Antonello
Mike Slater
Dutchy (David) Holland
Brian Siegner
Rick Davies
Phil Justus
Wendy Cronk

Wish I could find more. The trouble is we're all so scattered across the country there's not much chance of running into too many but it's great to be in touch at least by e-mail. I also lived at Calgary - wonder if those uninhabitable homes was one of the ones I lived in. The Calgary base must have been pretty new in those days. We had wooden sidewalks and no lawns when we moved in. Arrived there in 1951.

Thanks Alan for having this site - it's a good link to all our old friends.

Marlene (Lowry) Greene

well...I have found a few people....some of whom were not as excited about being found as I thought they would be. I am still looking for a few

Linda Dickinson Afcent &Borden
Karen Petersen Cold Lake
Kevin Hunt Borden
Harry&/or Tom Ayerst Borden