Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
......Clinton Ontario .... your memories...

Hello Brats!

I have many fond memories of the years I spent at the base in Clinton.(late 1959 to 1966) Could anyone who lived there please add some thoughts?

On many Saturdays I would head off to the theater and watch whatever was playing for 10cents, have a chocolate bar for 5 cents , then maybe go bowling.
However, I discovered fishing and many weekends were spent on the Maitland river, just a mile or so from the base.

I have not found my friends and pals who made such an impression on my years there.

I would love to say hi to them..........

The list includes:
John Bingham ,
Mark Saunders , Nancy & Norma Naven,
Linda McLaren,
Terry & Tony Robertson
.......... and others

If anyone is interested, I have a list of PMQ residents & their address's (ca Oct 8 1963) along with a map of RCAF Stn Clinton PMQ area.

All the very best from Vancouver Island,

Terry

Re: ......Clinton Ontario .... your memories...

Hi Terry,you might remember my brother Keith Parker or younger sister Karen.I wasn't in the planes back then but for some reason dad was posted back and forth from Clinton to Centralia and Borden.

Parker

My memory is struggling to recall any Parker's, but if they were in Clinton between 1960 - 1966 , we no doubt have crossed paths.
Thanks for your input.....

Would sure love to hear from any other Clinton brats!

Say......... if Martin Bunting is out there.........
Happy Birthday. May 9th

not that I have any memories of when we were in Clinton 59-61 but my little brother was born there and we went to visit in 1970 and my mom and dad showed us around. Haven't been back since but I once downloaded some pics from there for my brother.......My only other connection there is my roomate in Petawawa in 1977 used to go out with Steven Truscott's sister.....

Hi Terry
My name is Glenn Smith. We lived at #8 Quebec road during some of the time your talking about. I have a brother, Art and four sisters, Sharon, Roberta (Bobby), Megan and Marty.

I loved everything about Clinton. I remember going to the movie and having a treat for 15 cents and the great serials before the movie started. I also remember going fishing at the river and some longer excursions to a place called the vines. It was magical. I remember the trailer park across the country road and the first and second woods. AM Hugh Cambell school and the woods was a great place.

I remember rumors of tears falling from the eyes of the statue of Virgin Mary outside the Catholic Chapel.

I remember one of the administration buildings in the fenched part of the base burning down one day. It was frightening.

Swimming at the rec center was always an option in summertime. Hockey in the winter. all for free too.

It was a great place and we're lucky to have the memories.

I'd love to have copies of the Map and addresses you mentiond

All the best Terry
Glenn

Hi Glenn!

Gr8 list of memories from Clinton. My favourite things were some of yours.... Fishing along the Maitland River. We all seemed to call it the "back river" cause it was behind the base. The movie and serials were also a real highlight. Quite a place.
If you want a copy of the map and list of the residents, please email me directly and I will scan and send them.

All the best,

Terry

artistangler@gmail.com or venables8@shaw.ca

Hi Terry,

How about sending me a copy of the list of PMQ residents and the map and I will post them on the Clinton page. Not everyone makes it to the forum so they may not see the request.

Alan