Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Friends

I have not found to many friends from this site but do recognize the odd name here and there. Being an airforce brat and being now 53 years old have limited memory of the time in overseas at 1&2 wing. Alot of the people who are on the photos etc. were and are aprox 10 years older and were young teans in high school. I can remember that we in 1wing had to walk past the highschool on the way to junior grades.

I have one very strong friend from my times as a brat and remain close friends with this person today and have been friends since 1962. His name is Mike Hammel , we met in grade 2 in 2 wing at grade school. Our birthdays are 1 day apart and he is 1 day older and I think of him as more of a brother than just a freind. His family came back to Canada in 1963 and were stationed at Southport. MY parents kept in touch with his family and when my family came back to CANADA in 1966 we to were based at Southport. My freindship with Mike continued and is still ongoing today.

We as airforce brats and I would think it is the same for ARMY people have known numerous people. But our friend base is limited to only afew as we were on the move many atime. Although there is not a province that there is not somebody that can be phoned etc.

I feel that the friendships made from our time as Airforce kids are stronger than those made as civilians as there is a common bond. Our parents and especialy our fathers have worked with a few close people and stay in contact. The internet has allowed us to expand this contact and reinforce.

Here is a list of some of the people I can remember from my time as a brat! Mike Hammel, Germaine Snow, Ian & Nancy Macdonald, Dennis Smalley, Allen Carlson, Jane Burnett& Kieth Burnett and family, louis Hayward, Dawn Kelly (walsh), Mike Shae,Graham Admunson &Karen, Shelly Gawn & Debbie, Fran Brown there are many more but my memory is bad.

Good luck to all and stay in touch.