Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paul Davoud School

I just recently found the CAFBA web page while googling Paul Davoud School. My family lived on and off the base for 4 years from 69-73 so I attended grade 6 and grade 8 at PDS. My teachers that I can remember were Mr. Mackay for 6 and Mr. Macleod for 8 with Mrs. Cybulski for music. I just remembered that Ron Gasperado (spelling?) was principal. A lot of good memories from that school were brought about when I saw on Google earth that the school has been torn down. I have several pics and stories to share as soon as I can scan them and get them up here. Do you know anything about the schools demise or any web links to anything CFB North Bay or Paul Davoud School?
Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

Re: Paul Davoud School

I too attended Paul Davoud School back in the day. Did you know that the school has been torn down? It's been gone for a quite a few years now. I still see Mrs. Wardlaw around and in fact, she's celebrating her 80th birthday this month! She's still as spry as ever.
I lived close enough to the school (Regent Place), that I could hear the bell ring at home and get to school on time! I went for a drive on the base today, and saw that my old house I lived in is gone too. It made me very sad to see that.

I lived on the base from 1975-1985 - very rare indeed. we moved once from 29 Kingsrow(now Kingston Cres)to 31 kingston Cres in 1982. I've seen people come and go and sometimes come again. My father work in the ROCC. A group has been created on facebook for all those that have gone to PDS having many pics, forums and members - around 120. Great for reconnecting with old - old friends.
Cheers!

hello,i was just thinking about liveing on the base way back when.1956 to 1958.i just sent an e mail to the brats web page.if i go in that face book site what do i look for to connect to the group you mention.i would also like to locate barbra jakowski or her sister bev or there brother if anyone knows where there at.i also have been in touch with juidth birchall.she is presently in new york state.

Here is the link for the facebook group for Paul Davoud School. I hope it works for you.

http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2280641320