Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PLEASE SIGN UP IF INTERESTED IN A BIG REUNION FOR ALL AIRFORCE BRATS

I have to agree with Dave's comments about getting reunions going. We discovered our first reunion several year ago while visiting family in Ottawa but were not able to attend because the gathering was taking place very shortly after our vacation plan required us to depart the fix.

A second reunion opportunity is in the making for Metz in Oct 09 but once again our own vacation plans are getting in the way so we will miss this gathering as well, even though we will be in the neighbourhood so to speak.

We tend to plan our vacations well in advance (must be an old age thing) and are often forced to make vacation decisions that will force us to miss reunion gatherings. Reunion gatherings are often announced many years in advance but, unfortunately, often with dates that are not cast in concrete and with little information on what is being planned. By the time the volunteers do get around to settng out firm dates and planned activities we often find our own travel plans are cast in concrete.

I do not envy the volunteer planners task of making a reunion gathering interesting for all who might be in attendance. Guided tours of the old stomping grounds are always fun, as are the standard dinner dances (assuming the attendees actually know one another or remember how to dance ). But other than that, what does one plan that might attract attendees and justify the often considerable expense in attending said reunion?

Jim

An All Division Reunion is planned and here is the web site
www.AirDivisionReunion2013.webs.com

This site maybe has died, I don't know. I think if you have a reunion it would have to be by base. I did Whitehorse, Centralia, Gimili and Dana. Please let me know if anything new is happening.