Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Canadian Air Force Brat's Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CFB Chatham

Hi all. As a former resident of CFB Chatham and CFB Bagotville I can be classified as an official "brat". I even wrote a story about it several years ago. Nice to see that there is a place like this to contact people.

Re: CFB Chatham

I used to live at 428 Edmonton Crescent. Was in Chatahme 1956 to 1967. Are you related to Jack Bowie? Used to live up the road from us.

I lived on the Chatham base from 1961 to 1962.

Did you know a lot of kids on the base?

I am the daughter of Jack (John) Bowie. There was 6 of us kids when we lived on the port.

I remember a few. I remember the Lascelle's, Guitards, Grondins, Shepherds, If you go to the CFB Chatham Airforce Brat site, you can read a story I wrote about airforce brats or if you give me your e-mail address, I will send it to you. Was your name Reid then? I was born in 55 and we lived there until 63 when we went to Bagotville.

My name was Reid when I lived there.
I talked to my mom just now and asked her if she recognized any of the names that you mentioned. She didn't. However she did mention the names of two women she did remember. They were Anne Wolf and Joan McGill. Joan's husband was a medic.
Anyways, I was born in 57, so I was only 4 or 5 when I lived on the base in Chatham. I have a sister born in 59 and a brother born in 61. The three of us were very young. My dad left the air force in 1962 and we were moved back to Edmonton.
I think I would like to read your story. My email address is julie.reid@sasktel.net.

I, and my two sisters, were at CFB Chatham from 1959 to 1963 - our younger sister (Shirley) was on the base until 1965.
I attended St.Thomas High School in the town of Chatham.
I attended St.Thomas College until 1965.
I went to Edmonton in 1965.
I graduated from U of A in 1977.
I retired from teaching - after teaching for 35 years in rural schools for the Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools, Alberta.
I continue living in rural Alberta.