Guildhall Fun Flyers Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Guildhall Fun Flyers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Warbird fly in

I'm in on that!!!! WE will need soom judges to make it more exciting.Any volunteers ?

....Snoopy's looking for an active Dawn Patrol. ken

Ken,

I only know of one Fokker to attend so all you SE5a scouts will have an unfair advantage. Look out for the hun in the sun!!!!!!!!!!!! The picture of your scout was awsome. Whos kit? Flair?

Yes, we need judges for static display. Whos in? Its an amature event so dont be shy. I think Don Taylor and Pete Forlenza would both be good judges. Ken Knapp would be also but after my Fokkers spandaus puts a few holes in his SE5 he will be too injured to judge. Look for the hun in the sun............ smiley face formation roll

Someone please run a spell check on me.

When would this event take place I have two War Birds a P-51 Mustang and a F6F Hellcat would like to come to the fly in.

Dave,

The more the better. The event is looking like August. Check the calendar for the dates of proposed events. The club needs to vote on the fun fly and warbird fly in at the next meeting. Hope we can put them on and that we see you there guns a blazin.

Well........ the Fokker DR1 is ready except for my scarf, The Top Flite P-51 that I started about 9 years ago now is on the bench and back under way. I have to finish the retracts and the radio install. The cockpit will be done tomorrow night. Hopefull my B-17 that I havent seen in about 4 years is still airworthy. If so That will attend also. Looks like the Warbird event will be a hit.

The date for the Warbird fly in was accepted at the club meeting. "Warbirds over Guildhall" is posted in the calendar and is on track.

Hope everyone is getting their Warbirds warmed up for Julys event. The Fun Fly went well, I hope the Warbird event goes even better. My B-17 just arrived from Minnesota this week so I am sure I will have it at the event............

Even with the poor weather and relentless wind, WE MADE MONEY and HAD A GREAT TIME DOING IT. I think we learned a few things and I would love for us to do it again next summer. Jay, the fellow from Portland. Said he had a great time , is planning a trip up this fall and hopes to fly with us a few times a summer. We sold all the food and almost all of the shirts. If anyone wants one, let me know, they are $10.00. Thanks to all who helped......... during the WARBIRDS over GUILDHALL 2007 event.....