MATURE'S MATINEE MESSAGE BOARD

A Forum To Discuss The Talented Actor Victor Mature

MATURE'S MATINEE MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Victor Mature Military Service

I was on the CGR 301 in 1942 at San Pedro, Calif. when I met Victor Mature and the Westmore bros. and Olig Casinni when the served on the CGR 308 or CGR 309. I also remembered seeing Rita Hayward when she came down to visit Vic one night in her Cadillac convertible. That is where Victor Mature started his Coast Guard duty, NOT in Boston, he started out as an Apprentice seaman.
I truely admired the man!
JOHN BOLOTIN QM 2/c
UCSGR
7-10-1942 to 4-24-1946

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi! Thank you so much for your message. That is so nice that your grandfather was in the Coast Guard with Victor. There are many articles and photos of Victor in the Coast Guard in the Vintage Victor and Vintage Victor 2 sections of this website. There is also a whole page dedicated to Victor's time in the Coast Guard with great photographs on the US Coast Guard's website at: http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-cp/history/faqs/victormature.html

Thank you again for your message!

Shannon

Re: Re: Re: Victor Mature Military Service

Hi! Thank you so much for your nice message! It's so great to hear from people who knew Victor and were in the Coast Guard while he was. Thank you so much for sharing your stories with us! That is so cool that you saw Rita when she came down to visit Vic! :)

Thank you so much again for sharing your stories with us! I will look forward to you visiting the site again! :)

Have a nice day!

Shannon :)