Return to Website

MATURE'S MATINEE MESSAGE BOARD

A Forum To Discuss The Talented Actor Victor Mature

MATURE'S MATINEE MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lady in the Dark

In 1939, my mother (who was 8 years old at that time) was in the Broadway Play "Lady in the Dark" starring Victor Mature, Danny Kay, and Gertrude Lawrence.

Does anyone out there have any photos, programs, or other memorabilia from this play. We are putting together a photo scrapbook for her Birthday.

Re: Lady in the Dark

Hi! Thank you so much for your nice message. :) That is so nice that your mother was in Lady In The Dark with Victor! If you go to this web page there are scans of Victor from Lady In The Dark and scans of the playbill that you could print out. http://victormaturefanclub.tripod.com/ladydark.htm If you'd like an original playbill you can usually find them listed on E-bay for sale also.

If you need any other help please just let me know! I will e-mail you this info also. I hope that your mother has a wonderful birthday!

Shannon

Of ALL the B'way Musicals I've ever seen, "LITD," RE-
MAINS, the "GREATEST." The Star WAS, of course, Gert-
rude Lawrence, w/MacDonald Carey as, "Charlie." I've a
VHS of the TV Prodn., w/Ann Sothern & James Daly, as
"Charlie."I just can't recall who did the VM part. If
anyone is interested in seeing the BEST "LITD" on Tape, pls. email me @: sidbloomberg@yahoo.com/ leaving
FULL NAME, & Add. RSVP. Sid B.

try ebay , I got some great mags really cheap of other stars like Robert Taylor , Joan Crawford, from the 1930s and other more modern ones frome 1957 with Liz Taylor Eddie Fisher and more, great value at only £5 p&p inc. so try it.

Re: Re: Lady in the Dark

Hi Donna! Thanks so much for joining us here! :)

Shannon